sliding screen door lock

A home owner from CLEVELAND, OHIO says:
We have a peach tree sliding screen door. The latch looks somewhat similar to what you have shown on the cover page. It is in cream coll, and is plastic. That is the reason it keeps breaking.

I can not find a replacment for it. On a profile it has a hook on both the top and the bottom, and 1 screw would go on either side of both those hooks.

I would by 10 if I can just find 1.

Any chance you know what I am speaking of.

Thanks
PS Iam not clever enough to add a photo...sorry
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Before I recommend a replacement part, are you looking for just the hooked keeper, or the lock itself, as well? Let me know!
A home owner from CLEVELAND, OHIO says:
I am looking for the hook keeper or the latch located, on the door frame. I do not need the lock.
thanks
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. We are currently working on a possible replacement part for you. I will post again in this thread as soon as I have more information!
Profile picture of Donna
Please see 85-018 IPD Screen Door Keeper and see if that will match your existing hardware. You may also want to see our 84-224 IPD Screen Door Handle Assembly, in case you were interested in that, as well.

Be sure to check out our guide on how to install the IPD sliding door handle and keeper!
Profile picture of Donna
UPDATE: the 84-224, IPD Screen Door Handle Assembly, is now Discontinued and No Longer Available
A home owner from Cleveland, Ohio says:
This site was a HUGE help in helping get my latch for my Peach tree screen door 85-018 IPD Screen Door Keeper, now I am in need of the "LOCK" it self. The part that slides the door to the Door Keeper. It is located on the sliding screen door itself.
I would now order the lock and the keeper (both parts) if I could find them.
Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! I'm glad we were able to help. Unfortunately, the lock for this keeper has been discontinued and is no longer available. That said, someone else may have it in stock. You can try a local hardware store if you haven't already.

You can also consider our 83-005 or 83-006 as possible substitutes. They are surface mount handles, however, and you would need to relocate the keeper.
A quick learner from Cleveland Ohio says:
So are we saying part 83-005 , does not fit into the same place the lock and keeper does that I have at present?
You stated I may need to relocate the keeper....Drill new holes in to the frame, the slider slides into? I'm not that handy.
Thanks again
Profile picture of Donna
That is correct. Our 83-005 will not fit into the same place as your current set, but will sit on the surface of the frame. Because of that, the latch will no longer be inside the frame, and so will not line up with your keeper where it is now.
Reply to Thread
* Mandatory fields
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
83-005 : Sliding Screen Door Lock Assembly, Chrome
83-005
Price: $8.45
Sliding Screen Door Lock Assembly, C
83-006 : Sliding Screen Door Lock Assembly, Black
83-006
Price: $9.85
Sliding Screen Door Lock Assembly, B
85-018 : IPD Screen Door Keeper
85-018
Price: $19.98
IPD Screen Door Keeper
How to install the IPD sliding door handle assembly
Guide
How to install the IPD sliding door hand...