SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

snap in glaxing bead for window

A handy person from Baton Rouge, LA says:
This is the snap in glazing bead that I will need to replace with a broken window. Which of your available snap in glazing beads would best work as a replacement?

Jared
User submitted a photo of snap-in glazing.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Jared. I'm afraid I can't find an exact replacement for your glazing bead. Do you know the manufacturer of the window? In the meantime, take a look at our 55-016 bead see if you think that could work on your window sash.
A handy person from Baton Rouge, LA says:
Unfortunately I do not know the window manufacturer. 55-016 was the glazing bead that I too thought most closely matched. My only concern is the dimensions (see newly attached photo.) The piece I pulled as a reference on my window seems to have slightly smaller dimensions, but give how close, should that still be a problem?

Jared
User submitted a photo of snap-in glazing.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the updated information. Looking at the dimensions, I personally think that our 55-002 is a closer match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)