SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

snap in glaze help

A home owner from oklahoma city says:
Hi im trying to replace 5 missing snap in glazing strips on a home built in 1964. The pieces are 10 inches in length as they are part of a french style window.. the snap in i bought a the hardware store.. were a fail!!

I didnt realize how exact they needed to be DUH!!!!

One thing i noticed, was the one that came off the window is much thiner gage than the hardware store version, and the size was different..

Mine to the best of my measuring skills appears to be your at the base...(the squarish part 5/16th wide.. the curve length is 9/16th..

The base,, which is a lil bit like a table.. if you will.. like it has two...little legs(ridge)...The one on the side that the curved part start from looks to be (eyeballing) 1/32 and the other side 1/16...There is no ridge on the curve part just curves up and end flat..
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Start by looking at our 55-006 and comparing our profile shape and measurements to your own glazing. Could this be a good match?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)