SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

spiral balance for 3o5o Champion single-pane non-tilt window

A contractor from conroe, tx says:
I need two (2) series 306 spiral balances, (3/8" tube diameter/29" long/white tip) with a 15-073 shoe attached. This is for a Champion Window (the one bought out by Atrium with the Audi logo [4 o's] on the sash lock).Thanks.

Clifford
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Clifford. I would be happy to make this up for you. However, can you just confirm the weight of your sash? A White Tip color option is fairly old and not used much anymore. I'm confident one of the modern color options in use can work, I just want to be 100% sure which one to go with.
Hi, Tom

Does not the fact that it has a white tip tell you what the balance is rated for? I am not on the job site so I can't weigh the sash. It is a single pane, bottom sash of a 3o5o aluminum window. I would think it would be the lightest option for a 3o5o sash.

Clifford
Tom

As per my previous e-mail, just give me the tip that you think will support that sash/I assume heavier is preferred if there is any question. I need to get this thing done ASAP.

Thanks.

Clifford
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure, if that's what you prefer. A modern Red Tip may be what you want. This can carry a sash weight of 10 through 22 pounds. I'll send you an order form and price quote for two of these. I only wanted to confirm because this has to be custom made, and custom balances cannot be returned. We try to get everything right on the first try. I've been surprised many times in this industry, especially when dealing with older hardware, and in my experience it's always better to be safe than to be sorry.

Also keep in mind that we will be using the Series 300 as the base Series. Don't worry, this is exactly what's used to make the Series 306, as well.
A contractor says:
Thanks, Tom.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)