spiral balance for tilt window

A handy person from Dearborn Heights, MI says:
Our buildings have reynolds aluminum windows which were manufactured in the early 80's, series 6100. The sash weighs 40 lbs. Siral balance length is 31", diameter 9/16". Which spiral balnce do I need and what is the price?

The balances I now have all seem to have the same problem, the spiral rod with the tilt pins on it, which is inside the balance, disconnects and pulls out of the balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Could you tell me whether your window is tilt or non-tilt? Can you also show me a picture of the tilt pin issue?
A quick learner from Dearborn Heights, mi says:
Tom

The windows are single hung tilt windows.

Sorry that I do not have a picture of the tilt pins. But it is not the tilt pins that are the issue but rather the spiral rod itself from inside the spiral balance that becomes disconnected and pulled down and out of the spiral balance. Thus the spiral balance becomes ineffective. The rod remains connected to the tilt shoe.

Fr Tom
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Aha, I see. Thanks for clarifying. In that case a new replacement balance should definitely fix things. Based on your measurements and information, I'd recommend our S600-31 spiral balance. This has a 9/16" outer tube diameter and a length of 31". For a 40 pound sash, I'd recommend the Black Tip color option.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.