SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

spiral balance in 1/2"

A handy person from New Hyde Park, N.Y. says:
I need to replace 4 spiral balances. 19 inches in length. 1/2 inch in diameter. Your web site shows 3/8 and 5/8. Do you have the 1/2 inch size ? let me know the cost of each one. Thank you for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you show us a few pictures of your spiral balance? I know of only one type of spiral balance that has a 1/2" tube diameter, but it is very special and used for heavy commercial windows. I don't think that is what you have, but show us some pictures just in case.
A handy person from USA says:
Balance Photos D57403
User submitted photo of their window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! That picture is perfect. This balance is not the special kind I was thinking of. I am certain that the outer tube diameter will be either 3/8" or 5/8" (it may also be 9/16", but that is considered 5/8" in the trade). Please double check your measurement to be sure.
A quick learner from new hyde park says:
I double check the diameter and I am pretty sure
it is 9/16 . Let me know the total cost of this
order. Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
In that case, see our S600-19 spiral balance. You can find all pricing on its store page.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)