SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

spiral balance parts

A handy person from Sarasota, FL says:
Hello,

I have 8 year old PGT hurricane aluminum windows that need replacement balances and bottom clips. the rods are 18 inches long, 5/8 inch diameter with blue tips. What parts do I need to order and what tool is needed? Also I will need instructions. Thank you.

Deric
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Deric. Before we can recommend an applicable replacement for your spiral balance, can you please send us a few pictures of the bottom clip on your balance so that we can identify what you will need?
A handy person from Sarasota,FL says:
Pictures of clip as requested.
A customer submitted photo of spiral balance attachments.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you very much! That narrows down the possibilities considerably. Now that I see your balance, however, I just need one more bit of information. Could you please give me the total length of your internal spiral?
A professional from Sarasota, FL says:
18 inches, blue tip. 5/8 inch
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you. However, you said above that your rod was 18" long, as well. For this measurement, we need to know the length of just the internal spiral. Is the spiral 18", or the metal tube itself? We will need to know the length of both. I apologize for the confusion.
A handy person from Sarasota, FL says:
Both are 18 inches. The metal tube section and the internal spirial piece when it is retracted.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you! I appreciate your cooperation. I just wanted to make sure.

With that bracket, it would appear that you will need a custom made spiral balance. Please refer to our Custom Balance Order Form I have started for you, and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will be in contact with you shortly thereafter.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)