SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

non tilt spiral balance replacement

A home owner from Phoenix says:
Hello,
I have a non tilt window, 5/8 inch spiral balance that measures 29inches long that needs replacement. I am not sure on the color tip for the weight. I have added a picture of the end clasp. The lower half of the window measures 35wx30l. Thank you, Mary
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Mary! Thanks for posting. Are you sure your spiral tube diameter is 5/8"? Can you confirm? The reason I ask is that it seems like you have our 15-073 shoe, which usually only goes on our 3/8" diameter balances. I just want to make sure, as otherwise your balance will have to be custom made. Let me know!
A home owner from Phoenix says:
Hello,
Thank you for catching that oversight. My tube is 3/8". I have one that is bad, should I replace both then?
So again, I need a spiral balance that measures(3/8") 29" long
for a non tilt window with a fitted 15-073 shoe.
Thank you
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great. In that case, take a look at this Custom Spiral Balance Order Form that I have started for you and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will contact you shortly thereafter with a quote.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)