spiral balance - screw at top

A quick learner from Somerdale says:
n my shopping cart I have a spiral balance, 23" (qty=2), among others. In the window side channel where it goes, at the top, there's a hole where the spiral balance is screwed onto, except that the screw hole is square. I think a plastic square peg with round screw hole was fitted there which is no longer there. Therefore, screwing the spiral balance onto the square hole won't hold. That plastic screw holder probably cracked & fell out of place.

Do you sell that plastic square piece with round screw hole that goes at top for fastening the spiral balance? I can send photos in separate email after sending this from inside your website (no photo attachment possible in website message area).

The other matter I'm not sure of is diameter for spiral balance. The choices are 3/8" and 5/8". When I measured the diameter on my spiral balance tube, it looked like 1/2" to me. Both the 3/8 & 5/8 can pass for 1/2" so which one do I pick? Please see attached photos, if that helps gauge it.

Inside the white tube, there is a spiral/spring. In addition there is the spiral long 'stick' about 23 1/2 in. long that is turned clockwise to tighten & then fasten to pins slots at bottom. Is this correct, having the internal spiral/spring?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 26-200 screw plug, I think this may be what you need. As for the balance, the outer tube will be either 3/8" or 5/8". There is only one kind of balance with a 1/2" diameter, but it is a special type that you do not have, based on your pictures. I would remeasure your tube as carefully as possible.
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.