SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

spiral balance tip color

A home owner from San Antonio TX says:
I have identified my part as Series 306 spiral tube balance with an attached 15-066 metal shoe, for a non-tilt window. The tube has a 29" length and a 3/8" diameter.
However, there is no color tip on my old balance - how do I know which color to order?
...additionl info, windows are approx. 35 x 60 aluminum. home build around 1980 "alenco" on lift/lock. I found a old tag barely readable "series 350." however the tag also says 3'8"x8'0" but my window is about 35"x60" thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If you were to tell me the weight of your window sash, I could recommend which color option for the S306-29 would be best. Thanks!
one of the windows is "dead weight." I opened it and put the bathroom scale under it best I could and registered 10-12 lbs. thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Perfect, thank you. I would recommend the Red Tip, then. Two balances with this color can carry a sash weight of 10 through 22 pounds.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)