SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

spiral balance tip color

A contractor from mesa az says:
not sure what color I need sash weighs approx 28lbs 3/8 balance 29" long I'm guessing red the balances I have do not have colored tips.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Is this spiral balance for a tilt window? If so, did you reference the chart we show on the S900-29 store page? A Yellow Tip can carry a sash weight of 24 through 34 pounds, which covers your sash weight. If you do not have the S900-29, let me know what Series you have and I can recommend something else.
A contractor from mesa az says:
its a non tilt; 306 is the correct style. i did not see a chart.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Aha, I see. That's a different story, then. We can custom make you a S306-29 with a Yellow Tip, which carries the same weight as I mentioned above. If you're interested, just tell me how many you need and I can email you a custom order link and price quote.
A contractor from mesa says:
ok with out having to make a set for me what does the red do as far as weight and what does the green do these seem to be avail. w/out a custom order.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Two balances with Red Tips can carry a sash weight of 10 through 22 pounds, and Green Tips can carry 14 through 26 pounds. These will not be strong enough to carry the weight of your sash.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)