unknown brand spiral balances, 27" and 37"

A home owner from Virginia says:
I have a number of vinyl windows (brand unknown) with broken spiral balances:

4 windows - approx 30 lbs for lower sash, black tips on rods, 37" long x 3/8" diamter
2 windows - approx 20 lbs for lower sash, black tips on rods, 27" long x 3/8" diameter

All are fixed upper, tilt lower. Assume I need 900 series but would but am unsure. Will also need a basic charging tool. Please advise. Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! For the 27" long balances, check out our S900-27 spiral balance. It comes with a Red Tip standard, which is what you'd want. Two of these balances with a Red Tip can carry a window sash weight range of 10 through 22 pounds.

The longer balance would also be a Series 900. However, since 37" is not a standard length of this Series balance, it will have to be custom made. Take a look at this Custom Spiral Balance Order Form that I have started for you and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly thereafter.

Finally, as for the charging tool, check out our 75-006.
A home owner from Virginia says:
Thanks for the reply.

I re-measured and the tube is actually between 36" and 37". I rounded up to 37" but would there be an issue with rounding down to 36"? If so, would I need red or green tips (or something else)? Would like to avoid a special order if possible.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It would depend on what it was closer to. If the length was closer to 37", that might be what you want to go for. If it's closer to 36", our S900-36 would be better. However, it would still have to be custom made as we do not have a standard tip that can support a sash weight of 30 pounds. It would have to be custom made with a Yellow Tip, two of which can support a window sash weight range of 24 through 34 pounds.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.