SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

spiral balances needed

A home owner from Houston, tx says:
I need to replace spiral balances in 8 windows in my house. All windows were originally made by Champion windows in Houston, TX sbout 18 years ago. So I need:

16 spiral balances
for nontilt windows
3/8
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. I think those balances need to be custom made, though I'm not sure. In order to confirm, can you show us a couple pictures of one removed from the window?
A home owner says:
here are some picture
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you! Looks like you have a Series 306 balance, but with the default shoe swapped out for a 15-073. We can custom make this for you, but before we do I would just like more information. First, can you confirm the length of each balance? It looks to be 29" but I just want to make sure. Can you also tell me the weight of the sashes that these balances will support?
A home owner says:
Yes, they are 29" long.
The sashes don't come out so I can't get a very good weight. By weighing myself while holding up the sash I get 4 windows that are 20 lbs and 4 that are 25 lbs.
Profile picture of Paul
Great, thank you! I think we'd be okay going with the Green Tip option for both sash weights. I have emailed you a custom order link for all 16 balances, including a price quote. You should receive it shortly.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)