General Aluminum spiral replacement

A home owner from Flower Mound, TX says:
I have several windows that will need spiral replacement. I believe the manufacturer is General Aluminum. House was built late 1990's.

Window measures 35" x 60". Rod ID is 3/8" and 30" long. Bottom clip(?) is labeled 63. Attached are a few photos. I would need parts and instructions, please!

Thank you
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! According to your specifications, you may want to look at our S400-30 spiral balance. Does that look right? I'm not able to make out the #63 clip at the bottom, though. Could I see a closer picture of that?

Also, check out this handy guide on non-tilt window spiral balances:
A home owner from Flower Mound, Tx says:
Here is a clearer picture of the clip. Window measures 35" x 60". Rod ID is 3/8" and 30" long. Bottom clip(?) is labeled 63. I would need parts and instructions, please!

Thank you.

User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! It's still a bit hard to make out. How about our 17-052? Could that be a possible match? If you aren't sure, it would be best if we see if removed from the window.
A quick learner from Flower Mound, TX says:
Could you tell me how to remove this part? (63)
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You know, the more I look at your set up, and the more we have trouble with it, the more I become convinced that maybe these windows are not meant to be repaired. Many non-tilt windows with this kind of balance hardware simply cannot be removed. That is just the way they're manufactured; the only way to get them out would be to take apart the entire window, and we definitely don't want to do that.

How about this. I suspect that the "63" clip is screwed in from the side. I think it's bent, because usually they're meant to be angled down. That would account for why we don't recognize it. We aren't seeing the whole thing! You may be able to get a screwdriver or needle nose pliers to pull it down. We then may be able to see the fork on it.
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.