spiral spring selection

A handy person from Florida says:
I need two spiral balances for a window (non tilt) that weighs 40 lbs.

The old spiral is blue tipped, 29" long, and 9/16" in Diameter. What balances should I order.
I sent a question earlier but gave the wrong email.

Thanks Ron
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If you have an S500-24, then the Black Tip color option can support 40 pounds. You may want to double check your sash weight to confirm that your sash weight falls within the 31 to 40 pound range.
Why a 24" spiral S500-24 when the old one is 29".
Also what is a sash weight? The window itself weighs 40lbs. on a bathroom scale.

Thanks Ron

ps their is no numbers or names on the windows. they are too old.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry, Ron, I was a little confused. You mentioned 29" but you were posting under the S500-24 balance page. I had erroneously assumed you meant to say 24", not 29". That said, the Black Tip for the S500-29 can support the same weight. As long as your sash is exactly 40 pounds, I see no reason why the Black Tip can't work.
thanks makes more sense. my bad.

ron
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.