SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

spiral window balance replacement

A home owner from Oklahoma City, Ok says:
I have a home 15 years old. Aluminum insulated windows were manufactured by company in Dallas. Company has changed names. Windows have the spiral window balance and I need to replace several windows.

I will measure the lengths and diameter of the existing ones before I order. Your page mentions color of tips. the ones on my windows do not have any color I can see. what do I need to specifically check?

thanks, Tom
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Color tips for spiral balances indicate the strength of the balance pair. In other words, it shows what weight sash they can support.

I see that you're looking at our S900-26. Is that the part number you have? If so, then it has the Red and Green Tips available. The Red Tip can support a window sash weight range of 10 through 22 pounds, while the Green Tip can support 14 through 26 pounds. Does your sash's weight fall within either of these ranges?
A quick learner from Oklahoma City, Ok says:
I will weigh my window tonight and get back with you.I would think the Green tip would be more the weight range of the window but tomorrow, I will know for sure.
Thanks for the info.
Tom
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)