SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

spring balance

A professional from Olympia WA says:
I am looking for a 1/2" wide spring balance 15.7 pound single hung vent looks like your 152 series. can you please quote me a price so I can get this order for my customer.
Thanks
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hello,
Choose the 8 pound series 152 coil

After you have the weight of your window sash divide that number by 2 and round up to the nearest pound to figure out the weight each coil balance will need to handle on each side of your window sash. So for example if your window sash weighs 7.6 pounds, after you divide it by 2 you get 3.8 pounds, which means you will need two 4 lb coil balances (one on each side of the window sash). Coil balances go up to 9 pounds. If you need a coil balance more than 9 pounds you can double up coil balances on each side of the window sash. For example, if your sash weighs 22 pounds you will need an 11 pound coil balance on each side of the sash, you can put a 5 and 6 lb coil balance together on each side of the window sash.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)