SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

spring coil on sides of window that make it go up and down

A home owner from wilmington nc says:
We have vinyl windows that won't go up and the coils strips on the top sides are twisted and need to be replaced but don't know the term for them in order to find them on your site ..thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like the issue is the coil balance. If you were to show me a clear picture of the pivot shoes to which your coils attach (the squarish plastic pivot below the coils) we can identify what you have.
A home owner from wilmington nc says:
Ok I will try to get a pic...yeah it looks to be the coil strips themselves that seem to be tangled and rusted...but I'll send a pic asap
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Oh, I see. This is a spiral balance, not a coil balance. Sorry for the confusion. I would first measure the diameter of the white outer tube. If it's 3/8", then I would recommend our Series 900 spiral balance. If it's 5/8" or 9/16", then I recommend our Series 600 instead.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)