springs for double hung window upper and lower sash both sides

A home owner from Kenosha Wisconsin says:
Windows are from late 70's, this one is 44" W each sash approx. 28" high need springs and clips for both sides. spring approx. 21" long Photos included. I have spring clipped to the top of plastic channel although not sure if this is how it was originally. Do you have something like this?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey there! Thanks for contacting us. Our 20-006 appears to match your clips; however, we cannot replace the springs themselves. You will need to contact a local mill work for that. Let us know how you make out.
A quick learner from Kenosha Wisconsin says:
Yes it looks like should work, The springs are not the greatest but they are not broken may try to re-use the springs. They were loose in channel but one spring appeared to have been attached to something in the frame at top I can't see what it is attached to. I attached a couple of the springs to the top of the plastic channel and that seems to work. Do you have any info on how the springs attach at the top? I will be ordering the clutch set, is there anything else I need?
Balance
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I don't know how these springs are attached at the top. They are very, very old. The 20-006 clutch set is currently the only thing we have for this kind of balance system.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.