squeaky sliding glass andersen door

A home owner from california says:
I have a sliding glass andersen door that opens to an atrium. It has become very squeaky when opening and/or closing. Does this mean I need to replace the rollers or can I just oil it? Do I have to take the door off to oil the roller if that is a solution?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
First, I would either spray the track with silicone or rub the track with candle wax. If that doesn't work, you will need to remove the sliding door and inspect the wheel assembly. Your bearings might be shot, causing the wheel to not turn. I recommend replacing the wheel assembly in that instance.
How to replace an Andersen roller in a sliding glass patio door
How to replace an Andersen roller in a sliding glass patio door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.