SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

stamp option for S385-26

A home owner from Long Beach, CA says:
I am trying to determine the stamp option/weight range for new channel balances. The only thing stamped is shown int he pic. I assume the "26" is the length (the metal channel is actually 26-11/16").

Does the 4 indicate the weight in some way. Maybe 2540? If it matters, these are the original channel balances from Milgard windows.

Thanks!
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Are you sure you have the S385-16? Based on the size of your metal channel, I suspect you may have something else. Could you show us a couple pictures of the nylon attachments at either end of the balance? Thanks!
A home owner from Long Beach, CA says:
Hi Paul,

Definitely the 385. I checked the pics and measurements of the top and shoe and it lines up nicely with what I have. And I found a few more discussions and was able to answer the other questions myself. Based on what I found I went ahead and ordered what I need. If I'm wrong, I'll just have to kick myself in the butt....

Thanks for responding! The discussions and replies are very helpful. I've got some other windows on the edge usefulness. I will definitely be back for more parts soon.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)