SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

storm door

A quick learner from North ridgeville Ohio 44039 says:
Can't find any numbers or names on door. The screws that hold the door knob on the door are 2in. On center.
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
If you would locate this handle I need to know how thick the door has to be for the handle to fit. This is for my in laws and they forgot to give me that measurement. I will try and get the size of the door and add it to this post.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Can you confirm the size of the hole spacing? This looks an awful lot like our 40-043 storm door handle set, but the hole spacing for this set is 1-3/4". Make sure to measure from the center of each hole. It is meant for doors from 1-1/2" to 1-3/4" thick.
A contractor from North ridgeville Ohio 44039 says:
Does this set come with keys. Thats why my in laws are replacing the handle because they can't find the keys. I will also take apart the storm door handle and measure the hole spacing and the door thickness.
Profile picture of Dave
Yes, the 40-043 comes with keys.
I measured the hole spacing and they are 1" 3/4 on center so that part is good. But the door thickness is only 1inch. So my question is do you have a door handle set with keys for a 1inch thick door or can I trim the spindle down to fit the thickness of the door.
User submitted a photo of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
I know that you can cut down the 40-162 spindle that comes with the lock set. My only concern is whether you can cut it down to the length needed. Take a look at the 40-162 spindle and compare it to the one you now have in the door. See if you can cut it down to size. If not, see if you can utilize the existing spindle you now have in your door but in the new lock set.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)