SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

storm door handle with lock

A home owner from Toronto Ontario Canada says:
Hi,Sirs/Madam:
I have a question:
There is a key-strip behind key-cylinder(both they are fixed together,(or other size matched) but on your picture didn't show this.I send a pictures which shown in details,would you please tell that your parts(part code40-142) work or not.

yours truly
Wei
A customer submitted photo of a door handle set.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Are you referring to the long skinny rod sticking out of the back of the lock? If so, that is the spindle, and the 40-142 does, indeed, come with one.

The 40-142 looks very similar to this handle, but please match the dimensions we show on the product image to your own hardware and see if everything matches up. Let me know what you find out!
A home owner from Toronto Ontario Canada says:
Hi, Dave:

Thank you very much for your posting!

Yes, On my hardware all the dimensions match up that shown in your image.

In fact, on my hardware only key cylinder doesn't work and rest of handle is fine. My question for you is if you have keys with cylinder unit for sell?

Thank you very much!

Wei
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if the newer key cylinder will work in your lock. Your photo shows that your spindle is riveted onto the back of the key cylinder, while the newer locks have a loose spindle. I feel it might be better to cut to the chase and order the new lock set complete and save your old lock for spare parts.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)