SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

storm door inside handle, Swisco part #40-150

A home owner from Duluth, Minnesota says:
I purchased the above item on July 30, 2015. It installed well on the storm door, as a substitute for the original hardware, which is no longer being made and is no longer available.

This replacement handle functions well as a handle, but does not catch and close on the original strike plate and latch, nor can they be adjusted so the handle will catch and secure the door in a closed position. I have tried generic strike plates from local hardware store, which similarly cannot be adjusted to function as effective door closing latches, even with spacers and build-out adjustments.

Does Swisco handle #40-150 have a compatible strike plate available? I can position the handle and strike plate properly for a mesh if the parts are compatible for both closure and release.

Thank you.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The 40-150 normally catches onto a "Z" bar or angled trim that lines the inside of the door. The 40-085 solid keeper could work as an alternative, but I would also recommend some 40-084 spacers if you need to build it up closer to the latch.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)