SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

storm door surface handle

A quick learner from Biddeford Maine says:
Searching for a replacement of an existing storm door surface mounted handle w/lock. The full view door is 14 years old and in excellent condition. The door is a forever door which is no longer in business.

Swisco has s 40-160 lever lock set which is almost identical to the handle I currently have. However, the handle I have has three post with a fourth hole which uses a metal screw on the top hole of the interior lock. The holes in my door are 7/16 for the interior handle and for the bottom hole for the interior lock...there are no holes on the exterior handle. The 40-160 appears to only have two post for the interior handle and only one screw for the bottom exterior hole for the lock.

I am uncertain if the 40-160 would mount properly. What is your opinion and if the 40-160 is not the correct fit do you have any in your inventory that would fit?

The interior distance between the top handle hole and the bottom lock hole is 5.5 inches. The distance between the interior door handle bottom hole and the interior lock top hole is 2.0 inches. Thank you.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Yes, I know what you mean about that bottom hole. You would need to go to your local hardware store and purchase a "Sex" bolt or "Through" bolt with a screw to match to fill that bottom hole.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)