SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Desperately need to close storm door gap

A quick learner from Salt Lake City, Utah says:
I need to replace a storm-door sweep. Must be T-shaped, 1/8" across top of T; height 3/4", approx. The door will accommodate two such sweeps, and may originally have had a double sweep. If I can find a double, that would be nice, but I desperately need at least one sweep of the dimensions above--there's a huge gap where the last one wore out, and it's getting cold! Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We have a 1/8" wide top tee door sweep with our 58-162, but it is 7/16" high. Are you able to lower the bottom door expander to compensate for this?
A quick learner from salt lake says:
unfortunately, no. But thanks for responding!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We also have the 40-003 and 40-005 screw-on storm door sweeps. I don't know if these will work at all, but if you have room on your door you may be able to install them to the appropriate height. What do you think?
A quick learner says:
thanks. I think I may have found a solution by using a sweep intended for a shower door.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)