SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

storm window replacement parts

A quick learner from Madbury NH says:

I hope all is well in your part of the world after last weeks storm. I need corner tilt slides and slide latches for my storm windows. I don't know the the brand, but they were installed about 20 yrs ago, when my house was built.

After viewing your website, I think the replacement parts are:
top corner slider/tilt # 95-193
Newell slide latch # 91-175

Please view the attached picture and let me know. Unless you can tell me otherwise, I plan to order:
35 ea of the corner slides and
13 pr of the slide latches
26 ea springs for the slide latches? (91-003)

Also please let me know any installation intructions or tricks, esp for the slide latches.

Thanks very much,
User submitted picture of corner tilt latch for storm window.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter, Tony! I'm not sure if our 91-175 will work for you or not. It looks like yours are a little short. I can't make out their exact length based on this image alone, however. Can you please give me its exact length? This will help us in our ongoing search for a replacement.
A quick learner from NH says:
Sorry, the image is of a broken part. An intact slide latch part measures 2.25 inches long. This seems to match 91-175. I look forward to your feedback.
Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us! That clears things up considerably. In that case, I think that 91-175 and 95-193 are worth considering. Just make sure to double check all the dimensions to confirm that everything lines up.
A quick learner says:
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the feedback. The current view of 95-193 seems to have chnaged from a month ago. I may be mistaken, but I recall a corner tilt with pivot and without a guide bar, at a price of .42 ea. The part picture was quite simliar to the used part as pictured above in this string of messages.

I am concerned that the guide component will not allow a good fit of the window in the frame. Might you comment and maybe suggest a similar part to the current 95-193, but only the tilt knob and without the guide? Thanks again.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. With that kind of corner configuration, where the ends lock in the metal, I believe that the 95-193 should work. As for the guide pad, you can cut it off with a razor knife since it is nylon. Unfortunately, I do not have a version that matches those dimensions and that style without the pad.
A quick learner says:
Thanks Paul. That sounds like it should work. I will order a few to try. What do you tink about 95-015. I may adda few in to see if they might require less re-engineering. And they may be more durable??
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If you want to use a metal corner, then you may want to consider our 95-140, instead. It has the same thickness and is self locking.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)