SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

sunroom window latch

A quick learner says:
Hello. I have a sunroom at the windows are pretty old. The latches are all breaking. They all have a little spring (not pictured) that connects to the tiny part sitting next to George Washington. The entire latch is about 3 inches long. I hope I have posted enough information to get a suitable match. Thank you in advance.
User submitted a photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We don't have this exact latch but it may be possible to substitute it with our 91-001 and 91-002 used with our 91-003M spring. Carefully compare their dimensions to your own and see what you think.
A quick learner says:
Hi ,
I received the latches this week and unfortunately they do not fit. My latch seems very small. The 91-001/002 just seems way too big for it. Now I'm not really sure on what to do. I was looking at the 91-051 because I noticed that the one major difference between my latch and the ones that were sent is that the triangle piece that slides in the window frame sits more towards the inside versus towards the outside. Either way, I'm sending my photo so that it may help some folks out with there future latch purchases.
User submitted photos of a storm window latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear it didn't work. It's important to compare your measurements to the dimensions we show for our hardware, if for nothing else than to save trouble. Can you tell me the exact height of your latch? I see the length is 3", but the height is definitely the issue here.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)