SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

survivor window pin replacement

A home owner from michigan says:
Okay both pins are missing from our double hung window, if we can find a replacement pin how do you put them in? There doesn't appear to be any screws to open the frame up. Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I honestly do not know. I'm not totally familiar with Survivor windows, but after a cursory search I see they used more than just one type of pivot bar. If you don't have the originals it would be difficult to recommend a match.

I think the best thing to do is to start with some pictures. Show me the pivot shoes which take the pivot bars in question, we may be able to come up with a match. Please also show me the bottom of the sash where the pivot bars would install. Thank you!
A home owner from michigan says:
Hi, I'm looking to replace pins in this survivor window.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Without seeing the original pivot bars, it's still difficult to say for sure what you need. However, start by looking at our 26-382 pivot bar case and 26-400 pivot bar. Please compare them to yours and see if you could get these to work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)