swing door top plunger

A contractor from austin texas says:
I have several doors that are swing door going into baths and closets that have a ball with a spring underneath. I have attached a photo. some are missing.
A customer submitted photo of swing door plunger and spring.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not familiar with these parts. What is their operation? Can you send a photo of the complete housing? Thank you.
A contractor from austin texas says:
Here are some photos;

Closet photo 1 - top of jamb where the little ball strikes the plates and hold the door closed.

Closet photo 2 - top of door with threaded hole where spring drops down into it first, then ball, then threaded cap that holds it in place. Ball sticks up a little and catches the type of strike plate on header.

Please keep in mind that these are double swing doors. Not bi-pass or bi-fold but hinged swinging doors.

hope this helps - I really appreciate the help
A customer submitted photo of a bifold plunger operation.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hello,
Please see new SWISCO product number 10-053, Bullet Catch.
Compare the dimensions to the original and see if this the needed replacement.
A contractor from austin tx says:
The type of catch "bullet catch" is right, but I have a different design. I included some more photos and drawings. I really, really appreciate your help.
Profile picture of Donna
We have recently added SWISCO part number 10-057 Ball Catch with Strike. Do you think that this may work for you?
A home owner from Utah says:
I also have several ball catches that have come apart like the original picture. Can you tell me the thread size of the 10-057 collar that contains the spring and ball? I'm referring to the threads on the collar in the first picture of this thread. The threads on mine are approximately 11/16-16 and I'm hoping I can simply thread a 10-057 assembly into my existing press-in door housing as shown in the second picture of this thread.

Thanks
Profile picture of Donna
The 10-057 actually isn't threaded. It press-fits into the hole.
Reply to Thread
* Mandatory fields
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
10-053 : Bullet Catch
10-053
Price: $1.15
Bullet Catch
10-057 : Ball Catch with Strike
10-057
Price: $3.75
Ball Catch with Strike