SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

swivel pin

A landlord from Thief River Falls, MN says:
single hung vinyl window, pins on side of bottom window, at the bottom. Pins go into the spring tension to hold window in. shape - U channel metal piece 3 inches long with screw holes at 1 inch and at 2 inches.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure exactly what it is that you have. Could I see a few pictures of the hardware in question? That will give me a better idea of what you have and what can be used as a replacement. Thanks!
A landlord from Thief River Faqlls says:
metal piece is 3 inches by 1/4. Metal is U shaped with screw holes at 1 inch & at 2 inches. Need 10 of these as they rusted off.
User submitted photos of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi, thanks for getting back to us with photos!

This looks like SWISCO product code 26-040, 3" pivot bar, but only has one installation screw at the 2" mark. Do you use both screw holes? Could the 26-040 work for you?
A quick learner from thief River Falls says:
yes we'll make it work by tapping a second hole. I found them on your site so will be ordering. thanks!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)