SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

the wheel size on your part 23-047

A home owner from massachusetts says:
i just purchased your part 23-047 for my sliding door. the part does not fit as the flat edge nylon wheel is a hair too big! also, my wheel has an angled edge on both sides rather than a flat edge. i have several closets with sliding doors, and the 23-047 does not fit in any of the door slides (again, too big). when i took out one of mine that works just fine, i can visually see the hair of a difference in size. since the 23-047 wheel is 3/4" (6/8") mine must be 5/8" in size.

do you know where i can get that size replacement?

thank you.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we do not have the 23-047 with a wheel that you describe. The closest we have is perhaps the 23-002, which has a different housing and a 3/4" wheel, but it is rounded rather than flat. I am not sure if that can work for you, though. What do you think?
i will try the 23-002. how does it fasten to the door? (the current one on the door fastens like the 23-047, so i will need attach the 23-002 in some new way and don't know what that way is). please advise.

thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 23-002 screws on, same as the 23-047, but of course its screw holes are in different locations. You may need to drill out new holes for them, if that's even possible on your door.
i can easily screw it on (it's a nice solid wooden sliding door). thank you for all your help.

jim
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)