SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

thorn window crank

A landlord from Sacramento, Caloifornia says:
Hi!
I am a landlord and contractor. We are trying to replace 6 window cranks. 5 of them are Thorn #6RS-132 L. The measure 8.5" arm, with approx 4.5" and 3.5" screw distances. The other crank is by Truscon and has approximately the same measurements.

Can you give me a quote to replace these parts? Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks!

Theresa
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, Theresa! I was unable to cross reference that serial number, but please take a look at our 39-003 & 39-004 Thorn Window Cranks. Do these look like they can replace your current hardware? Let me know!
A landlord from Sacramento, California says:
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to have my husband take a look at this.

Thanks again!

Theresa

A landlord from Sacramento, California says:
Hi Tom,
My husband and I think the 39-004 will probably work. I have attached a photo of the crank we are trying to replace. I believe the photo is of a right handed crank. We will need 3 right handed and 2 left handed.

The measurements of the crank in the picture are the same as your 39-004, with the exception of the arm, which is 8 7/16" compared to your 8 1/4" for the 39-004. Also, please note that our photo has a different type of screw set up (albeit the same measurements as your 39-004) and handle design.

We believe we can get the 39-004 to work, but do you have a model that looks like our picture?
Thanks! -Theresa
A customer submitted image of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the pictures! This older version of the operator is, in fact, no longer available. The closest replacements we have are our 39-003 & 39-004 Thorn Window Cranks.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)