SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Thumb latch for an out of business Windstrom window

A home owner from Joliet IL says:
I have been looking for a part the my mom's window's from a manufacturer that is now out of business "Windstrom Windows"
I believe your part #26-223 might work. Would you be able to confirm this or did you need a picture of it? Thanks, love your website.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! I'm afraid I cannot confirm if our 26-223 can work for you, as I am not familiar with that brand. If you have pictures, they would be a huge help. I would also need to know detailed dimensions concerning the "forks," or "prongs" on the bottom of your existing latch, namely height, thickness, and spacing.
A quick learner from Downers Grove IL says:
pictures attached (side and top view)it is 2" long x 7/8" wide. There are 2 prongs on the bottom that are 1/4" in height and spaced 3/16" apart.Does this help?
Thank you for any help.
User submitted a photo of a tilt latch finger lever.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Check out our 26-234 and see if this could be a good math.
A quick learner from Downers Grove IL says:
Thank you so much for your help, the product you recommended worked perfectly, what a wonderful customer service department you have. (I accidently removed my previous emails)but I wanted to say THANK YOU.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It was our pleasure. Let me know if you need anything else!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)