tie bar guide

A quick learner says:
This is the broken part, I ordered the tie bar on your website, it's not a perfect match, but do you think it will work? If so, I will need 4 more. Also, i need to replace the crank, they are certainteed windows.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if the 39-417 will work for you. I don't have any reference to go off of. I can tell you that manufacturers change this style of tie bar guide from year to year, and the new version tends to replace the old one. There is a chance that the 39-417 can work but without knowing more about what you have I can't really say for sure.

I also don't know what operators you have. There is no one set of hardware used for all Certainteed windows. They used all sorts of hardware over the years. We will need to see a picture of your existing operators out of the window.
SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Replacing tie bar guides
Replacing tie bar guides
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.