SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

tilt in window part needed

A handy person from wareham, ma says:
It seems that the "j hook" on this part has broken off. It no longer allows the pin from the metal bar on a spring to stay in tact onto this piece.

Unfortunately, I do not have any info on the windows. It is a modular home that was delivered in pieces with all the construction down at the manufacturing plant. The company that built the home is Avis America. We are trying to find out from them anything we can about the windows but have had any luck with that yet.

Anything you can tell us or supply us with this part would be great.
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Looks like a tilt window channel balance shoe. Check out our 15-195 and see if this can work for you.
A handy person from Wareham, MA says:
That does look like the size and shape of mine. I guess the only question would be the exact size, but I am now not at the house for a few days, so it may be worth the try to order this one.
Thanks.
A handy person from Wareham says:
So I tried the 15-195 piece and it looked like it was going to work except it was a bit too short.

I measured the original piece and it is a half inch longer than the 15-195.

Can you tell me which item number would work given that information.

Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. It sounds like you may have the older version, which is no longer available. You may have to order a new balance, which would be our Series 795 channel balance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
A handy person from Wareham says:
I actually just looked at my notes regarding the size and it is only 1/4 inch longer than the piece I ordered (15-195)

So the piece I need to replace measures:

2 1/4 " high
1 1/8" wide at bottom
1/2" wide at top

The model numbers on the window are
14602 AO5 DH99 S2L
glass #2 temperedrl
19 3/8 x 28 3/4
They are windows from a manufactured home

Is that a piece you have in stock?
Profile picture of Tom
I'm afraid not. The 15-195 is the closest possible match we have to part. If it cannot work, then you should consider replacing the whole balance. To be honest, if the shoe is breaking, then it may be a sign that the balance has to be replaced, anyway.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)