SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

tilt latch replacement parts for a prism window

A home owner from McDonald, Ohio says:
I purchased a home last year that has prism windows. The tilt latch on the right side of the picture window broke. How do i measure it without taking it out of the window? Is there a store in my area that sells them and do you have any idea how much? Please advise. Thank you.

Mr. Steve
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Steve. I'm not sure what tilt latch you have, so I don't know what to recommend in this situation. Could you take a few pictures of it for me? That will help me determine what you have and what you can do! Thanks!
A home owner from McDoanld,Ohio says:
Hi Tom, attached are 4 photo's of the tilt latch that i was asking about. Please advise where if any i can buys also would like to know if i can buy them local or on line. Thanks for any help.
A customer submitted image of their tilt latch.
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, these pictures are perfect. Thank you! Looking at this, I think you should consider our 26-243 and 26-244. These look very similar to your existing hardware, but carefully compare them and see what you think.
A home owner from McDonald,Ohio says:
Hi Tom, Yes they look the same. Before I order 2 of each do you know what the dimensions are on the 26-243 and 26-244? Just want to make sure. Thanks again.
Profile picture of Tom
Sure! We show the dimensions for all our parts on their respective pages. I will post them here for your convenience.
Alternate view of 26-243
Profile view of 26-243
I checked the measurements on one of my windows with a good latch with the measurements from the drawing that you sent me. And they are almost the same except where the drawing says 3/16" mine are 1 3/16". Do these just slide out so I can check the other measurements? Thanks again.
Profile picture of Tom
Yes, your latches should just slide out. Let me know if anything else is different!
A home owner from McDonald,Ohio says:
Tom....Your shows 3/16" on the top where I pull the latch back but on my windows it's 1 3/16". Will those work? If they will do I order from SWISCO or can i order them from you? Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
That's very strange. I've never seen that clip offset so far back. Could I maybe see a few pictures showing the difference? That might give me a better idea of what can work.
Yes Paul I'll take a few more pictures also will try to get the old one out and take a few pictures of it. Thanks.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)