SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

tilt sadh lever and air bent lock

A home owner from Pasadena MD says:
Hi swisco
We are looking for a 1 1/4" Long x 1/2" wide airvent lock as pictured and a 1/2" wide by 1" long tilt window sash release lever as pictured. I cannot take them out without breaking them to get more measurements. Can you identify these please? We are selling our house and we have several windows missing these parts.
Thank you!
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Debbie. It looks like your window was manufactured by Slocomb. We don't have the exact hardware you show here, but start by looking at our 26-107 vent lock. This may be a good substitute.

For the tilt latches, you may be better off substituting with a surface mount tilt latch. These are different than the others in that they just screw on. We have a video tutorial that shows how we do this. We find it to be an easier solution for sashes like yours. Let me know what you think!
A home owner from pasadena, MD says:
you guys rock! thank you so much for your research! Finding the manufacturers of our windows will be very useful for the people who just bought our house. i also placed an order for the parts you recommended. i will try to let you know how they work!

thank you again!
Profile picture of Dave
It was our pleasure! I'm glad we were able to help. If you ever need anything else, feel free to ask.
You guys are geniuses! These solutions will work perfectly! I am amazed!

Please tell me what size screws i will need to install the tilt latch lever. I did not realize that they did not come with the screws.

Thank you again so much!
dave, what screws should i get for the 1) 26-078 : LH Top Tilt Latch, 2-5/16" and the
(1) 26-079 : RH Top Tilt Latch, 2-5/16" please? this would be for our order # 741554.

thank you guys!
Profile picture of Dave
Hey, Debbie. We recommend the 33-300 screw pack. This comes with an assortment.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)