tilt sash window balance and shoe, ref. # 7495999

A handy person from Lacombe, LA says:
Attached are photos of a balance used to replace the old coil type lift shown next to it. The balance is 33" x 9/16" x 9/16". The old shoe from the coil type lift is 1 1/4" x 17/32".

The sash weight is 42 lbs. I had a couple of extra balances left by the manufacturer but I am not sure if they were for the 3 ft. wide windows or the 42". The balance I have does not have a mfg. name but has a number 33I AI5 CMC 5.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We recognize both balance systems. The coil springs look like our Series 160 coil spring and 15-191 pivot shoe, while the channel balance looks like our Series 770. The Series 770 might have to be custom made, though. You say that your sash is 42 pounds, which indicates a special 33H stamp, but your existing balance is stamped 33I, which is for 44 pounds. Can you confirm the exact weight of your sash?
A quick learner from Lacombe, LA says:
The 3-0 window sash weight is 41.6 lbs. on my scale. I just rounded up to 42.

I think the extra I stamp balances are left over from the 3-8 windows that they fixed under warranty. I just sent the photo so you could see the kind of balance used.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for clarifying! The S770-33 with the custom 33H stamp would be the best bet, then. Can you just tell me how many you need?
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.