SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

tilt shoe for MW double hung window about 12 years old

A quick learner from Santa Ana,CA says:
The shoe is 1 1/4 in. wide, 1/2 in. thick and 2 in. tall. The thickness of the bar which fits into the shoe is 3/16 in.

I would really appreciate your help in finding replacements for these as the plastic is failing in most of them.

I can find no inset to put the new shoes into the track. I have seen your spreader tool, but not sure that I want to take a chance on breaking the channel. Is it feasible to cut a notch in the channel to insert the shoe?

The shoes are attached to a spring with the cord shown in the picture.

Thank you for your help.
User submitted a photo of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You may be able to use our 15-135 pivot shoe, but just make sure the dimensions all match. As for replacing them, check under the window stop for a cut out just in case. If not, you can make a cut out at the top of the track for the bottom sash and bottom of the track for the top sash.
A quick learner from Santa Ana says:
Thank you Paul for your help. I have ordered the shoes and hope that I can make it work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)