SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

tilt window balance

A quick learner says:
I think my part is 795 series but it has a letter G engrave and you don't offer a letter G. my window is about 48" wide by 42" high.
I'm submitting this inquiry again because the first one i got message saying "there was a problem with your submission" and thought it might have been the picture sizes. Thanks,
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Yes, it looks like this window will need to be custom made. In addition to having a 28G stamp, you also have the smaller 1" wide 15-194 shoe and 15-198 installation hook at the top, rather than the screw-on tab that the Series 795 comes with by default.

Before we send you a custom balance form, can you just confirm the weight of your sash? Can you also confirm that the balance is 26" long? Finally, please tell me how many you are looking to replace.
A quick learner from Oldsmar, FL says:
How do I find out the weight sash? I have to remove the window pane and weight it?
I will check the length but I think it is 28in long and not 26 in. I will be ordering 2 complete balances (with all the accessories) Thanks for the help
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yep, you will need to put the sash on a scale. Let me know what you come up with!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)