SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

tilt window pivot bar

A home owner from Gaithersburg, Md. says:
I am selling my house, and in the process of cleaning and fixing, I broke several pivot bars for my tilt windows. I know an inspector will note this, and wish to fix them so as to remove this issue from his report.

Enclosed is a crude depiction of a broken pivot bar, with equally crude, but very close measurements. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Paul W
User submitted photos of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Paul. Take a look at our 26-021 and let me know if this would be a good match for you.
A quick learner from Gaithersburg, Md. says:
Thanks Tom. The length, alignment of the holes will work. My only concern is the shape of the "head". ("T" versus "L"). I am pretty sure I can make it work. Ordered 6.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great, glad to hear it! Yes, the "L" type head should be able to work as a substitute for your type of bar. The way they function means that you really only need one point for it to work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)