SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Blue tip series 900

A contractor from Aurora, IL says:
I am replacing 32" rods w/ your 900 series, but it only shows a red tip, mine are blue, how much of a weight difference is there?, all windows in this house are difficult to open, have to be forced up and down
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you confirm that you have the S900-32? They actually don't make a Series 900 balance with a Blue Tip. That is usually only found on the Series 600 balance.
A contractor from aurora, il says:
the guide is 3/8" dia w/ a blue tip, what would fit?
User submitted photo of their window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Looks like the outside tube on your balance is missing. What I see here is just the exposed spring. Do you still have the outer tube on hand, or does the other window in the balance still have it? If so, I would wager that it has either a 5/8" or 9/16" diameter. In that case I would recommend our Series 600.
A contractor from aurora,il says:
is it measured from the outside tube, dryed out plastic that crumbled away? or the actual spring diameter? whats left of the plastic is close to 9/16"
Profile picture of Tom
Yes, it would be the plastic. Our tubes are metal so you won't have to worry about them crumbling away.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)