SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

top roller of sliding closet door

A home owner from Vancouver, BC Canada says:
The roller constantly comes of the track. When I attempt to put it back on, the spring assembly usually pops off then I have to search for it. The roller usually comes off when the door is gently pressed or accidentally leaned on. What can I do to ensure the roller stay on the track? This only occurs on the one door that gets the most use.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
My first question is if the closet door rollers are worn and need to be replaced. Double check and see what you think. Also make sure that the rollers on the door are adjusted properly.
A quick learner from Vancouver, BC Canada says:
Thanks for your prompt reply. I have had this problem since day one. Upon looking at the tracks, the one problem track is very shallow compared to the other track, thus creating a problem. How do I adjust the rollers as this may help?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! The adjusting screw is usually on the bottom of the wheel housing. I actually had an idea: try switching doors. It's possible that the wheels on the door that is used the most are worn out. The other door may still be fine.
A quick learner from Vancouver, BC Canada says:
Yes, I thought of that too. Thanks. Great web site. Cheers
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)