SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

top sash guides

A home owner from Murfreesboro, Tn says:
Trying to find parts for my windows, I found the locks and the channel balances that I will need but having a hard time identifying the top sash guide that screws to the window, the pictures are of 1 that is not broken and it appears that the left and right sides tabs are switched on each one. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks David
User submitted photos of a top sash guide.
A home owner from Murfreesboro, Tn says:
Sorry, the only markings that I have been able to find anywhere on the windows is a GA on the locks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe that you have a Gapco window. We gave up with the nylon top sash guides they used because they kept breaking. We prefer using the 18-097, which can work on both the left and right sides. This is metal so it should be stronger.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)