SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

track door bottom guide with spring

A handy person from Norwalk CT says:
2 1/4 " by 3/4 " with two holes for screw and a 1" deep spring loaded guide. when pressed the spring retracts 1/4 ".

Markings:
PIVOT DOOR EDGE ->
GUIDE DOOR EDGE ->
User submitted photos of bi-fold door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hmmm... this almost looks like our 23-143, but the nylon piece is upside down. Could the nylon plunger have been flipped around on yours at any point?
A quick learner says:
Interesting, possibly it was installed incorrectly? Maybe I can take it off and flip it ov er to make the part fit?
A quick learner says:
do you think it would be possible to take the nylon piece off and flip it over? It runs on a track so the larger part of the plunger would need to be flipped over to insert it into the track...
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your patience! We have actually found a replacement for this part. It has the cap flipped the other way, like yours. It appears to be intentional! We are bringing it in and I will let you know as soon as it becomes available.
A quick learner says:
Great thank you - Once it comes in I would like to order six
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Alright, please see our new 23-266 and see if this is a good match.
A quick learner says:
this looks great, just placed the order- Thank You!!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)