My Pella sliding door is scraping against the fixed panel

A home owner from Pa. says:
I have a 4 panel pella glass sliding door, about 14 years old. Middle 2 panels operative, two end panels fixed. The operative door on the right is scraping against the bottom of fixed panel when I open it. The door is sitting on the track at the bottom, but not dead center on the top ( like the other operative panel). No one banked into the door, so we don't know how this happened.

Is this a roller adjustment and if not how can I bring the bottom of the operative door out so it will pass the fixed panel without scraping it? Will this also center the top glider. Thank you for your advise.

Rose
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Rose. Hopefully we can help you with this issue.

First, see if your door has jumped off the track. Try raising the rollers while someone helps you lift the weight of the door to ease turning the adjustment screw. You could also use a small flat bar to take the weight off the roller.

Another possibility is that your rollers are worn and need to be replaced. I don't know what kind of rollers you have, exactly, but see our 81-244 or 81-249, both of which are used by Pella.

Finally, if none of these suggestions cure the problem, you could have a serious problem facing you. The lower patio door track could be tilting either toward the inside or to the outside. This would cause the bottom of the doors to hit. Have the doors been repaired lately? Maybe they were not set back on the track correctly.
A quick learner says:
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the response !!!! It was a roller adjustment after all. Thanks so much for your help! You guys are great!
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace the pre-701 and 701 Pella patio door roller
How to replace the pre-701 and 701 Pella patio door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.