SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

trying to find some of this one

A contractor from laguna niguel, ca says:
It is off of the old casement windows. approx 10-15 years old. window manufacture is unknown and the also went out of business according to my customer. any idea where i can get this shape?
User submitted a photo of bubble seal.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I recognize this seal. Yes, the manufacturer is no longer in business and this specific seal has been discontinued. However, you could try to use our 58-055 as a substitute. I know it's not the same shape but you may be able to get it to work. See what you think.
A contractor from laguna niguel, ca says:
Thank you for the suggestion. It wont work since the bulb seal will sit on the wrong plane. But since the tooth is perfect for the 1/8" wide x 1/4" deep kerf, I ordered one to play around with, maybe I can come up with a way to modify it. worth a shot. worst case scenario, I use a stick-on bulb seal. If I have to go that route, which do you recommend as the most durable (i.e. will stay on the longest before peeling off)
thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great, let us know how it works out. It would be awesome if you were able to find some way to make the 58-055 work, as I'm sure that would help many customers in the future.

We only have two types of adhesive weatherseal, our 58-026 wool pile or 58-180 foam seal, though the latter may be too big and the former may be too small.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)