unknown sash weight for Series 152

A contractor from South Jersey says:
Is there a formula to estimate the sash weight? I am no longer on the job and don't typically have a scale to weigh the sash anyway.

A large sash 37.5 x 25 has coils marked 3 but won't stay up. Could these be the wrong coils?

Or are they just worn out? Everything looks intact and not broken. There is just one per side.

Thanks for your help!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's tough to say. Going off of just the sash size tends to be unreliable, as there are just too many little variables that could affect the overall weight. Based on the sash size alone, I would estimate it to be about 16 pounds. If this is accurate, I'd recommend our S152-8 spring. At the end of the day, the only way to know for sure is to weigh the sash.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.