SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

viking sash channel balance

A quick learner from Santa Cruz, CA says:
I have several old viking aluminum frame windows. The springs in the sash balances have broken and I need the replace the balance. The balance is 23" long. The number stamped on the channel is 2220 B.S.I.

I have looked at you catalog and can not identify which ones will work in my window. Can you help me?

Thank you,

Jackie
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Jackie! It seems that your top attachment is winged, while your bottom attachment is not, which is not a combination offered in any of our current Series. That's not a problem though; you will just have to fill out a custom balance form.

Before we get started on that, though, I will just have to identify your bottom shoe. Please refer to the following chart, and pick out the one that most closely matches your bottom shoe.
A SWISCO guide to identifying balance shoes.
A quick learner from Santa Cruz, CA says:
The bottom shoe has no wings. It is 1 1/8 " wide.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the information. That should be everything I need. The channel balance you need is our S395-23 with the 2220 option.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)